This is a compilation of kitchen hacks I’ve found over the years. I’ll be honest, I haven’t tried all of them, but they’re just too handy to forget about!
- Need a rolling pin? Use a wine bottle with the label removed.
- Stained container (from pasta sauce, etc.)? Combine sugar, dish soap, ice cubes, and water in the container. Put the lid on and lightly shake to combine.
- Avoid these stains in the future by spraying containers with cooking oil before adding food!
- Frozen meat? Place the meat in a ziploc bag, on top of an upside down pot. Place another pot on top filled with hot water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Tough, dried food on plates? Boil water and vinegar, then pour over the food stuck on the plates.
- Cake stuck in pan? Place the pan in a larger glass dish, and fill the glass dish with hot water.
- Smelly hands (from garlic, etc.)? Rub hands on steel (such as your water faucet).
- Clogged drain? Pour water, vinegar and baking soda into a disposable water bottle. Quickly put the nozzle of the water bottle down the drain and squish the bottle, pressing it “into” the drain.
- Egg shell in the bowl? Run your finger under water first, then use that one finger to drag the shell out of the bowl.
- Got ants? Soak orange peels in vinegar for 2 weeks in a sealed mason jar. Pour the vinegar into a spray bottle and get those ants!
- Old bananas? Peel and freeze in ziploc bags. Save for a smoothie!
- Too many fresh herbs? Place in an ice cube tray and fill each cube with olive oil. Freeze until needed!
- Need a meal on hand? Freeze a whole lasagne in a disposable pan! I recommend moving it to the fridge 24 hours before cooking it to give it time to thaw.
I hope these hacks come in handy when the moment arises!
What are your favorite kitchen hacks? Share them with us below!